This is the last detox SOUP recipe in this series as the weather begins to warm I'll provide cooler dishes. Recipes do not have to be difficult or with dozens of ingredients. My recipes are created and tested in my institute kitchen to insure they are packed with nutrition AND the ability to assist overall detoxification, which is what's important for wholistic rejuvenation. The subsequent three recipes are detox one-dish meals.Ingredients
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 1-inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled if non-organic, cut into small chunks
- 2 TB fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 qt. "nightshade-FREE" vegetable or chicken stock
- tsp cumin powder (or to taste)
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut milk to taste for added richness
- Saute onion and ginger in coconut oil until translucent and then add carrots and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add stock, cumin powder and simmer for about 30-45 minutes until carrot is very soft (if you don't want to cook it for that long, cut the carrot up into smaller pieces). Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste
- Add parsley and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Blend soup and serve hot or cold.
- Add coconut or cashew milk for a creamy smooth flavor and texture.
- You can also add some organic cornstarch or arrowroot to the cold broth, dissolve and slowly add to the mixture to thicken without adding milk or a milk alternative.
Health Benefits of Ingredients
Onions—Contain antibiotic, antiseptic, antimicrobial and carminative properties. They're rich in sulphur, fiber, potassium, vitamins B, C and low in fat, cholesterol and sodium.
Ginger—Considered one of the healthiest spices on the planet. Gingerol is the main bioactive compound and is responsible for its many medicinal properties. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Used in natural medicine extensively for: nausea and morning sickness, to reduce muscle pain and soreness, lower blood sugar, improve heart disease, to treat chronic indigestion, reduce menstrual pain, lower cholesterol, may help prevent cancer, improve brain function and overall cognitive health, and help fight infections.
Coconut Oil—Its health benefits are too numerous to list but here are the ones helpful in detoxification: Improves blood cholesterol, loaded with saturated fats (raises HDL, good cholesterol), increases energy, helps lower blood sugar, contains lauric acid known to kill bacteria-viruses-fungi, is a natural appetite suppressant, its fatty acids can boost brain function especially in those with dementia and Alzheimer's by providing the needed ketones (energy source for malfunctioning cells).
Carrots—Carrots are actually considered a vessel for vitamin A, they contain a large amount of vitamin A. Additionally, they
Gloria Gilbere, DAHom, PhD
Known as The Health Detective, Dr. Gloria is a Certified Dental Professional, Doctor of Natural Health, Homeopath, Certified Dietary Supplement Counselor, EcoErgonomist, Wholistic Rejuvenist and a Certified Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis Practitioner—renowned worldwide for her work in identifying and implementing natural and nutrition-based solutions to chemically-induced and inflammatory disorders, multiple chemical sensitivities, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and digestive disorders that defy conventional diagnosis and treatment.
She is founder of the Institute for Wholistic Rejuvenation and consults worldwide via telephone, Skype, and in Gig Harbor, WA.
She is an acclaimed, syndicated talk show host, Dr. Gloria—Health Detective, author of 18 books, 8 courses and over 1,700 health articles. To consult with her visit her website or call 888.352.8175.
Be sure to subscribe to her FREE Health Detective Blog available on the homepage of her website – access to Webinars, Podcasts, Articles, TeleSeminars, downloadable mp3s, online classes, eBooks, and much more. Subscribe to her new eMagazine, Invisible Illnesses SOLVED, a full-color online publication published six times annually with a “Health Detective” team of experts in all areas of health care. Go to: www.gloriagilbere.com/magazine.
She created certificated courses to become a Wholistic Rejuvenist™ (CWR) and post-graduate education credits for health professionals.
Her courses are accredited by international medical schools and teaching hospitals.