This new series provides not only healthy recipes but also the health benefits of each ingredient.
Expanding on my love of healthy cooking and ethnic diversity, my recipes are created and tested in my institute kitchen to insure they are packed with nutrition AND the ability to assist overall detoxification, which is the basics for wholistic rejuvenation. This recipe is not a main course but a great side-dish and/or appetizer.INGREDIENTS
- 3 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 pounds organic carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium sized organic garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Pepper (can use white or black – white pepper has more of a “bite”)
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh organic parsley or cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high and add the carrots and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until they begin to soften (about 6 minutes).
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, and cinnamon and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook, until the carrots are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and using a food processor blend the carrots. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until the dip is chilled, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with the cilantro before serving with healthy veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, jicama slices, etc. Note: Best when refrigerated overnight to allow flavor of spices to intensify.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
Enjoy the taste and reap the health benefits.
Coconut oil: healthy fat, antimicrobial, lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels, improves coagulation and antioxidant blood levels, boosts ketone bodies in blood supplying energy to the brain and even relieving Alzheimer’s symptoms, reduces BMI (body mass index).
Carrots— actually considered a vessel for vitamin A – containing a large amount of vitamin A. Additionally, they’re rich with vitamin C, E, B6, K and many more.
Garlic—fresh: immune booster, blood pressure aid, cholesterol lowering, high in antioxidants, reduces heavy metal toxicity.
Ginger—fresh: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant rich, anti-nausea, aids digestion, lowers blood sugar, cholesterol reducer, immune booster.
Coriander—ground: anti-inflammatory, reduces edema, diuretic, helps multiple skin conditions, lowers cholesterol, digestive aid, bone health assist, antimicrobial, blood sugar regulator.
Cumin—ground: anti-stress, helps insulin sensitivity, high in antioxidants, digestive aid, antiviral, iron-rich, detoxifying.Cinnamon—ground: assists with insulin response, improved glucose and cholesterol levels, antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, assist with symptoms in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, antiinflammatory (Note: These apply specifically to Cinnamomum verum not Cinnamomum cassia. Himalayan sea salt—purity, pH balance, high mineral content, blood pressure regulator, assists digestion, blood sugar modulator, improves bone, vascular and respiratory health, prevents muscle cramps.
Black pepper—digestive aid, detoxifying, antibacterial, antioxidant, brain health, anti-inflammatory. (Note: after a abdominal surgery, sneezing and intestinal irritation may be of concern.)
Filtered water—purity of source.
Apple Cider vinegar—antibacterial, lowers blood sugar after meals, may help cholesterol, triglyceride levels and blood pressure.
Parsley or cilantro—fresh: rich in vitamins A, B9, C, iron, K, immune booster.
A 6-week guided Rejuvenation DETOX TeleClass is taught several times per year, it includes PowerPoints and Screen-sharing for better Health thru EducationTM, register now at www.gloriagilbere.com (look in the SLIDER for specifics and to register) …you don’t have to download software—once you register online your acknowledgement provides a phone number to call to join the class AND a link to see my presentation live. All you do is click the link, provide your first name and email so the system verifies you’re registered. Get in shape and begin your rejuvenation program with individualized support via our TeleClass.
BONUS: Once you participate in a Rejuvenation DETOX TeleClass, taught 3–4 times per year, you can repeat it three more times at NO CHARGE by registering with the Institute office at: (888) 352-8175, space is limited so first-come, first-serve.
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode
Gloria Gilbere, DAHom, PhD
Dr. Gloria Gilbère (CDP, DA Hom, ND, PhD, DSC, EcoErgonomist, Wholistic Rejuvenist, Certified HTMA Practitioner) is Founder/CEO of the Institute for Wholistic Rejuvenation – after 22 years of owning/operating two health clinics in Idaho she relocated her Health Sciences/Research/Cooking Institute division to Cotacachi, Ecuador, S.A.
Her worldwide consulting via phone and Skype continues as does the Institute for Wholistic Rejuvenation in Idaho. Visit her website at www.gloriagilbere.com or call (888.352.8175) to schedule a consultation or register for her post-graduate courses.
NEWS FLASH: Ready to learn more about simple recipes that can give you what I call the Anti-Inflammation Advantage? Download your free 40+ page cookbook The Anti-Inflammation Recipe Sampler at drgloriaskitchen.com/totalhealth/